Under €5: Aldi Stuffed Peppers
Hey guys, people always say it costs too much to eat healthy so I’ve decided to start an Under €5 series. Healthy dinners that cost under €5 per person to make.
So kickstarting this with Stuffed Peppers with all the ingredients from Aldi!
Ingredients: (4 Servings. 1 Serving = 2 Stuffed Peppers)
8 Large Bell Peppers
500g 4% Lean Beef Mince
200g Brown Rice
120g Lighter Cheese
1/2 Large Onion Chopped
1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
1 TBSP Garlic Powder
- Cut the top off the peppers, de-seed and remove as much of the membrane as possible.
- Pour water into a saucepan and boil. When the water is boiled add in 200g of brown rice.
- In another saucepan, add in 1 tbsp of oil or spray with Frylight. I myself use Frylight, add in mince. Cook until brown and then drain the fat.
- Once the fat has been drained, add in your chopped onion into mince and 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- When the onion is cooked add in your tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Drain your rice and then add that into the saucepan with the mince.
- Stir well.
- Spray a baking dish with Frylight and place peppers into the dish.
- Scoop mince and rice mix into the peppers
- Place in the oven at 200 degrees celcius for 25 minutes.
- After 25 minutes take out your peppers, sprinkle 15g of Ardagh Lighter Cheese on top of each pepper.
- Reduce the heat of the oven to 180 degrees celcius and pop back into the oven for 5-10 minutes. Until the cheese has melted.
- Serve and Enjoy ♥
Nutritional Information: Per Serving (2 Stuffed Peppers)
The cost of this dinner works out at under €3 per person.
Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days.